Saturday, January 29, 2005

About this blog

Here's where all my sins can be shown, for no one knows me or likely reads this. Everyone needs a place to take down the walls to yell and scream, and dream, and be corny and lame. This is my place. I'm writing right now while getting a bit drunk and watching (listening at least) to Fight Club, my favorite movie ever.

Life is a very strange thing, people are very strange. Me for instance, no one who reads this will know who i am, and everyone will form a different image in their heads as to what i look like. Some people might think i'm a fat old man sitting in some grimmy place ranting about his sad life, others may see an angry kid, others just some crazy guy who rants abotu girls of the past and woes of the present. No one however would know me if they met me from reading this. They'd never know. I'm just another person out there in the world, and this bit of writing is some window into the shadows of just an average persons mind. "average" Well, maybe not that, no one has ever thought i'm anything like average. "unique point of view" is what i hear often. I see everything different than most people. Thats a good thing.

I feel like i should write something about who exactly i am, and ya know, what i look like, how old, where i live, all that, but i don't think i should. What difference does it really make? In my head i think, "what if some girl reads this? who thinks that what i say might make sense, and what if that person is detered from wanting to write because they know nothing about me?" Well, thats what my head says, and its right i think... i've read a lot of things from people and made up my own image of, and when i see a picture, i feel a closer attachment and more understanding of that person, mostly when they are a cute girl. I've got a lot of prejudices.

If i read soemthing and saw a picture of someone overweight, and not even much overweight, i'd think less of it, and when i don't like something i'm reading about, i form images of people who are ugly, lazy, fat, slow, stupid, dorky, everything i fear about being. I don't know if other people do this, but it seems like other people might... (fight club interlude "even if i could tell someone they had a good fight, i wouldn't be talking to the same man. Who you were in fight club wasn't who you were in the real world."). No one is who they are in the real world. why take illusions of who i am into this physically lacking world of words? I suppose in ranting and writing as i will in here, enough details will come out as to where i am, what i do and who i am. But it doesn't matter how much i write, or what i write about, because who you might meet would be a different person than in here. in real life, i'm quite presentable i suppose.

it is also weird to think that if anyone ever started reading this and getting to know about the weird inner workings of my mind would know more about me than any of my friends might... I could be more real writting to no one on the internet than i am out there. That imbalance seems like it should be mended. I don't ever really lie, but somehow i hold enough back to not be who i really am. I'm not sure there's a difference between lying and being the way i am... I'm no better than the things i hate. the funny thing is the difference between what i do and what everyone else does may not exist or is so little to be considered just not being a clone of everyone else, and yet, not living upto the ideals that i think are right is enough to really disturb me and make me unhappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home